The Lord’s Hands & Hearts Ministries, Inc. is a volunteer driven organization that seeks to reach the lost and broken with the love and compassion of God to address issues of poverty, addiction, oppression, discouragement, and hopelessness. We believe the whole person must be ministered to and healed in order to see lasting freedom; body – spirit – soul.
We have been blessed to be a part of God’s work in the lives of several men and women who have come up and off the streets and are in healthy and productive lifestyles and are giving back to the community.
Hands & Hearts currently serves over 1,000 people each month. Services and programs offered include transitional housing, hunger relief through Solomon’s Porch and Pauline’s Pantry supplying food and hygiene products to low income families and the homeless, Christian teaching and counseling to the homeless, residential poor and children living in shelters, clothing relief for the homeless, and food assistance for our ministry partners also serving the homeless.
Mission and Vision
To share the love of God, build Christ-centered relationships, teach biblical principles and morals to result in a change of mindset, attitude and lifestyle.
Our vision is to take the Gospel to those on the street and those living in bondage and poverty. To plant the seed of the good news of Jesus Christ in all who will receive it. We are to train them up in the ways of the Lord and train them in turn, to be disciples on the streets and in the neighborhoods. Discipleship teaches people how to dream again for their lives. It helps to instill in them a mindset that, instead of being chained by choices from the past, they can be set free by the love and grace of God. We disciple the restored to go out and reproduce themselves and reach out to the lost and broken world accomplishing the mission of Isaiah 61:4….
Our vision is that they will share the Gospel on the streets and in the neighborhoods where they are known, and let their lives be a testimony to the changing power of the Holy Spirit.
We are a group of like-minded people who come together weekly to make a difference in the lives of the forgotten and overlooked in Dallas, TX. We believe people without homes are no less human than people with homes. We believe God created everyone with a calling and a purpose. Our desire is to help those who have lost their way to find the course that God has for them.
- Leann Starne-Rice, CEO, Founding Director
- Charlie Affleck, COO, Ministry Director, Treasurer
- Jose Aguilar, Vice President, Senior Pastor
- Tracey Farris, Prayer Ministry Director, Solomon’s Porch Leader, Secretary
- Bobby Rice, Associate Pastor, Board Member
- Jennifer Kennedy, Volunteer Coordinator, Board Member
- Charlie Kennedy, Board Member
- Mark Farris, Clothing Ministry Leader, Board Member
- Rachel Guerra, Pauline’s Pantry Director, Board Member
- Joyce Affleck, Solomon’s Porch Leader, Board Member
- Dan Cunningham, Board Member
- Deborah Cunningham, Board Member
- Rob Guerra, Bookkeeper, Kitchen Director
- Michael Paul Melgoza, Solomon’s Porch Serving Line Leader
- Charles Jones, Nehemiah House Leader
- Len Taylor, Associate Pastor, Marketing, Urban Relics Manager
- Robert Morillo, Security, Ministry Warehouse Leader
We invite you to come and visit the ministries of The Lord’s Hands & Hearts. Go behind the scenes and see how we do it, hear testimonies of the miracles of God, meet the people whose lives are being transformed and see the vision in progress.
We would also be honored to be allowed to speak at your upcoming church/civic/community group meeting. Our presentations cover our ministries and programs at The Lord’s Hands & Hearts and address the issues related to poverty, addiction and homelessness.
For more information, email Info@handshearts.org