Each Saturday morning, while most people are sleeping in, leisurely shopping, or hanging out with friends, volunteers from all over North Texas are in South Dallas, an area containing a high concentration of homeless persons. Drugs and alcohol are used and dealt in the open. Homeless women recently beaten or raped are not an uncommon site.
Solomon’s Porch volunteers prepare a hot breakfast and lunch, provide clothing and hygiene, offer prayer and love to encourage, teach biblical truths, hold a full worship service, and share hope and information about resources available to get off the street and leave a life of hopelessness in exchange for a life of overcoming.
Email Volunteer@HandsHearts.org to volunteer!
Arrival Time, Schedule, Parking:
Volunteers report at 8am – 2pm. Tent City Under the Bridges. We will be on the green lot at 2803 Cleveland St. Dallas, TX 75215.
- 7:30 am – Leader Prayer & communion
- 8 am – Porch set up
- 8 am – Volunteer Check In
- 8:30 am – Volunteer Orientation & Welcome
- 9 am – Breakfast & Clothing Ministry
- 9 am – Intercessory Prayer rotates at 30 minute intervals
- 10 am – Street Crews and Prayer Walks
- 10 am – Camp Ministry
- 10 am – Bible Study
- 10:45 am – Mercy Seat Worship Service
- 11:30 am – Lunch
- 1 pm – Tear Down